BigDataFr recommends: The Complex World of Data Scientists and Black-Box Algorithms
[…] Hilary Mason is a huge name in the data science space, and she has an extensive understanding of what’s happening in this space. Today, she answers these questions for us:
- What are the backgrounds of your typical data scientists?
- What are key differences between software engineering and data science that most companies get wrong?
- How should you measure the effectiveness of your work or your team’s work as a data scientist for the best results?
- What is a good approach for creating a successful data product?
- How can we peak behind the curtain of black-box deep learning algorithms?