[Big Data @ Moody’s Analytics (France)] : Director – DevOps Cloud Architect – Montbonnot Saint Martin
BS in Computer Science (or equivalent).
8-10 years Extensive Cloud experience (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google).
Strong scripting and automation skills and experience (Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Cloud Formation, etc.
More information / apply now
Moody’s is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody’s Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody’s Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody’s Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries.
The Director, DevOps Cloud Architect will manage different facets of the DevOps Cloud function within the global business. He or she is responsible for optimizing and refining DevOps Cloud related processes, maintaining subject matter expertise in multiple areas while exploring new areas, and driving improvements within the group.
- Leveraging previous experience, assist development teams in building, hosting, and deploying next generation, resilient, fault-tolerant, and self-healing applications in cloud.
- Collaborate with development teams to define architecture, optimize performance, right size and migrate various development, QA, and production environments to cloud.
- Work closely with development teams to optimize workflow processes during both pre and post migration to cloud.
- Lead cloud migration planning and execution processes.
- Deep knowledge of continuous integration and configuration management tools and how to optimally deploy these in cloud.
- Extensive expertise (8-10 years) in the following areas:
- Extensive Cloud experience (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google) especially in deploying and managing development, QA, and production workloads.
- Subject matter expertise in multiple strategic areas with a focus on cloud
- On-premise to cloud migration experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and interpret complex problems or processes, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternative solutions.
- Strong scripting and automation skills and experience (Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Cloud Formation, etc.)
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or related field a plus.
- Additional coursework and/or some training certifications are preferred.
The key competencies for this position include the following:
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) including Agile Development Methodology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and, consultative skills, work effectively with clients, vendors, peers, and business/IT management.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to stay current on trends and development within functional area of experience along with the industry.
- Knowledge of at least one programming languages (e.g. Java, C/C++/C#)…