New @ENSAI: MSc in Statistics for Smart Data: Become a skilled Data Scientist – Ker Lann Campus (Rennes) Apply now
Admission Deadline: May 31, 2017
From Big Data to Smart Data
The demand for skills in the field of high-dimensional data processing, is increasing dramatically worldwide, yet serious academic programs for this domain are still quite rare.
ENSAI is taking advantage of its accreditation renewal to revamp the Master of Science in Big Data program to shift its focus to Smart Data. As a result, the existing program will become the Master of Science in Statistics for Smart Data to reflect the evolution of the program.
Data Scientists educated at ENSAI possess the essential skills for Big Data projects
Arnaud Laroche, Associate – ERNST & YOUNG ADVISORY
Thanks to ENSAI’s renowned expertise in Data Science and its innovative approach in training specialists to process and analyze data, strong links have been built with the professional world and graduates are highly sought after.
Students trained at ENSAI bring an applied vision to data, an expertise that industrial companies crave.Jean André, Operations Research & Data Science Team Manager – AIR LIQUIDE
Strong points of the program
- Explores a unique field where Statistics, Applied Mathematics,and Computer Science converge
- Addresses practical, real-world issues and provides a solid theoretical background
- Prepares for a career with rapidly-increasing employment worldwide
- Cloud Computing
- Hadoop, NoSQL, Spark
- Python, R
After studying Statistics I was looking to specialize in the field of Data Science. Thanks to the international nature of the MSc, students from different horizons and nationalities thrive side by side.
Moustapha Ousmane Bawa Gaoh, Student – Class of 2016
Graduates of the program are skilled Data Scientists.
In addition to doctoral possibilities in research, they will have numerous career opportunities in international corporations and data start-ups in many fields including:
- Business Analytics
- Internet of Things
- Personalized Medicine
- Smart Grid Optimization
- Smart Society
- Social Networks Analysis
- Supply Chain Optimization
This Master of Science in Statistics for Smart Data is open to students of all nationalities.
- All applicants must have a minimum of 4 years of higher education (at least a 4-year Bachelor’s degree or the first year of a Master’s).
- A strong statistical, mathematical and computer science background is required.
- 3rd wave: From April 24, 2017 to May 31, 2017
Opening 2nd and 3rd waves will depend upon the number of available places following the preceding wave(s).