[News] Bitcoin breaks through historic $USD 10,000 barrier!
Facts & Figures
- The price of one bitcoin has gone past $10,000 on Tuesday, reaching the historic milestone for the first time.
- The cryptocurrency is up more than 900 per cent this year alone, and has increased by 21 per cent since Friday.
- Peter Smith who leads Blockchain told The Wall Street Journal that they have “millions of active users,” as opposed to last year, when they “didn’t have a million.”
- Former Fortress Investment Group hedge fund manager Michael Novogratz predicted on CNBC’s « Fast Money » in October that bitcoin would reach $10,000 in the next six to 10 months.
- As bitcoin rose above $9,700 Monday, Novogratz said in another « Fast Money » segment that bitcoin could « easily » be at $40,000 at the end of 2018 https://lnkd.in/eTJcW4P
- The total market capitalization of all digital coins on CoinMarketCap (see CoinMarketCap.com) hits $334 billions today.
- Novogratz said he expects that could increase by about six times to $2 trillions at the end of 2018.
- Bitcoin « will be the biggest bubble of our lifetimes » he added.